Effective Date: May 2020
What personal information do we collect and how do we collect such information?
We collect personal information about you when you voluntarily provide such information, for example when you contact us, and automatically, for example through data collected from cookies when you visit the Site. We may also collect information about you from third parties.
Information You Provide:
We collect information that you voluntarily provide when you use the Site, including when you:
- contact us with a question, comment or request;
- apply for authorization to access clinical trial data, reports or other materials on the Site; and
- visit and access clinical trial data, reports or other material as an authorized user.
The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- contact information such as physical address, email address and phone number;
- employer name, address and website url;
- workplace department and position, education and other professional credentials, including professional licenses; and
- username, password, and other registration information.
Information Collected Automatically
How do we use your personal information?
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you information if you have submitted a comment or question;
- communicating to you information about the Site, our service or your account;
- evaluating and processing applications for authorization to access clinical data;
- facilitating access to clinical trial data, reports or other materials by authorized users;
- customizing your experience on the Site, such as by recognizing you as an authorized user for more efficient account access;
- allowing us and our service providers to improve the Site and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users' needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Site; and
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Site with information we collect elsewhere including from third parties for any of these purposes.
With whom do we disclose your personal information and under what circumstances do we disclose such information?
We may disclose the personal information we collect from you through the Site for our business purposes and as legally required or permitted by law:
- to affiliates and service providers who we work closely with, or who work on our behalf, and have agreed to use the information solely in furtherance of our operations, including, but not limited to, our Site hosting service provider and its contractors and subcontractors;
- to third party clinical trial data providers to enable such providers to enforce contractual obligations and restrictions you have agreed to in our Data User Agreement;
- pursuant to a subpoena, court order or other lawful process, including to law enforcement;
- to third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
In addition, we may share aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns to better understand Site usage. We may also share de-identified information with third parties for various purposes, including research, studies and marketing.
Does this policy apply to non-U.S. users and where is this information stored?
The Site is a United States-based website. Information collected through the Site will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country provides, and may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States. In addition, we may transfer your information outside of the United States to our affiliates, data providers and service providers who may be located in other countries. By using and submitting information to the Site, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States and other countries.
To the extent laws other than the U.S. apply to us, where applicable, Project Data Sphere, LLC is the data controller. In addition, where applicable, we process your personal information based on contractual necessity, as necessary to comply with legal obligations, and based on our legitimate interests.
How is your information secured?
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the Site. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Site over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks. We maintain the information we collect consistent with legitimate business purposes.